2.28.2010

Illustration Work

I thought I should put this on here, too, even though it is from last year. Looking back on these, I'm pretty disappointed, because I think I could've done a lot better of a job... but I think I was trying to be too safe.

Anyway, these were commissioned for my friend's dad's first children book. Koi: A Cuento About a Little Koi Who Didn't Know He Was a Koi by Hector Barrera. These aren't the finally pictures, and unfortunately the book is printed in b&w... so... here they are.

 
Buggy
  
Koi hitting boy
  
 Ponds
  
Koi flopping v. 1 too low resolution
  
Koi flopping v. 2 too much empty space
  
Koi flying v. 1 terrible
  
Koi flying v. 2
  
El Tata
  
Koi
  
 El Tortuga v.1
 
 El Tortuga v.2

This project made me realize that:
1. I shouldn't be afraid to go beyond the safety zone.
2. I really need to work on painting higher contrast pictures.
3. I really need to work on shading.
4. I should draw at higher resolutions.
5. I never want to draw fish ever again.
6. I should branch out from the free version of OpenCanvas [can't use it on my Mac anyway 8****[ so sad].

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write shit here, I guess.