9.26.2010

Int. Painting: EVERYTHING THUS FAR mostly

Sorry this is super image heavy, but yep this is most everything so far from intermediate painting and then one from beginning drawing. 

I'd say I had little bursts of inspiration throughout the homeworks, but overall I improved in that I got quite a bit faster... but also lazier. 8\ 

Homework [in chronological order, missing some that I've either already posted or just didn't bother posting]:







ahahahahahahahaha There was a point during critique where we just looked at this one for a while and everyone was saying stuff, but I couldn't help but laugh that we were looking at this so positively because... well... iono, it's just such a goofy image. Hilariously ridiculous, I thought. 












And finally we're done with portraits, but now we're moving on to still lifes and the in-class/homework we were assigned for this week was RIDICULOUS [I'm not going to post it because it's stupid] because I totally don't get what we're supposed to be doing. My prof is really... artsy... and so she won't explain it in layman terms so that we won't understand it but think about it wrong. SIGH.

In-Class:

I like a lot of my in-class stuff more because it seems is so much more expressive, experimental, loose, and quick. Typically 5-10 minutes per painting. I'm still trying to have this practice transfer over to my homework assignments, so I'm trying to do them faster. 
















Beginning Drawing:

Ughhhh this class is taking forever. This is seriously the only critiqued assignment we've had so far. So. Boring. And I seriously am disappointed that there isn't really anyone in the class for me to aspire to. FFFFFFFFFFFF [later edit: I completely take that last comment back because when we started doing independent projects was where everyone's talents started to come out and each individual series of work related to the independent projects was amazzinnngggg. It was really exciting to see some people get really engaged in critiques and stuff and yeah iono. I am still learning very slowly, but surely to judge less harshly, in daily life and in art. whoop whoop]


In other news, see if you have a local Bike Kitchen. It's a really great volunteer opportunity and the community is amazing! Plus, other than volunteer, it's a great opportunity to learn about bikes 8D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write shit here, I guess.