3.22.2010

More Current Projects

Some say it's good to have numerous works in progress going on so you can switch from one to another again and again when you get burned out on your current project. 

This one is a long board for one of the residents. I haven't done anything to it, so don't think I'm amazing. I think I'll have to scratch out a lot of the paint, paint some acrylic on there, and then put some kind of gloss over the whole thing. Hopefully it'll stay on. I'll have to do some research. 


This one is a gift for a friend that I disguised as a class project to kill two birds with one stone lol. It's oil on regular canvas. For this project, we were learning how to glaze with color like they did in the olden days. However, by the time we started glazing, I hadn't finished my painting yet, so... I didn't use glazing as much as I would have liked to. I will definitely keep it in mind for future paintings.

The concept is: What can vegetarians do when vegetables attack? My friend is a vegan and she's really against killing animals and stuff... but what about if vegetables turned into living creatures like animals? And what if they were violent creatures? Would vegetarians and the like kill or be killed?!?!?! WHO KNOWS. 


Really liked my professor's advice on painting some of the broccoli dudes and then swiping them with a cloth while the paint was still wet in order to create a sense of motion. However, finding a light source is super difficult. At first, I wanted it to be similar to an old retro advertisement for a monster movie, so I thought maybe there would be a camera flash on this photo... but then in the background, my light source is coming from somewhere to the right... so I had to change a lot. All of these progress photos are of the painting after I drastically changed the light source on the woman from the left to the right. What a pain @_@ 



This is the most current version. Still got to work a lot on it. My favorite part throughout all of this is the spaceship... I don't know why. 

Lessons learned thus far:
  1. Always have a reference photo [which I don't.]
  2. Always do a preliminary sketch to figure out composition and light source, etc. [which I did not.]
  3. Always give enough time for the paint to dry completely or else you risk scratching it off unevenly with another layer of paint. 
  4. Learn to draw boobs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write shit here, I guess.