3.15.2011

Homefront for Xbox360


Yeah, like, literally. Here's the game's backstory trailer so that you can get EVEN MORE ANGRY [and last year's E3 was supposed to be amazing, yet they have shit like this EVERYWHERE fffffffff].





Like any aware person with common sense, my first thought was WTF.


I went to see the live art performance and lecture by Bunky Echo-Hawk today. Pretty rad stuff. The friendship dance was awesome! But among many interesting matters he brought up, there were two that stood out to me the most.

ONE.
Homefront for Xbox360. I hadn't heard about this game when he mentioned it, although I wasn't really surprised that it existed. I'm still not surprised, but just... APPALLED. ALWAYS APPALLED. Not shocked, just appalled.

The game is about Kim Jong-Eun taking his father's place... and then North Korea going apeshit on the US: and it is OUR DUTY AS AMERICANS to gun them down. WTF.

If you'll note in the trailer, there's a classic American screaming, "THE ONLY GOOD COMMUNIST IS A DEAD COMMUNIST!" Well, God Bless America and freedom of speech, but promoting this sort of hysteria through mainstream gaming media is pretty much the same as watching the recent video of the UCLA girl ranting about Asians in the library [ONLY WATCH THIS VIDEO IF YOU WISH TO CONTINUE BEING FILLED WITH RAGGEEEE] without a critical thought or conscience... like watching that girl and then thinking YEAH THAT GIRL IS TOTALLY RIGHT. ASIANS ARE THE DEVIL.

No.

Incorrect.

Wrong.

Do not collect $200.

On another slightly unrelated note, a Facebook friend updated a status about a week ago commenting upon the seemingly inevitable failure of the small movement to not buy gas on March 14. One of her Facebook friends wrote that they were going to use and buy gas again and again.

I made a sardonic comment about gas prices going up to $5 during the summer "GOD BLESS AMERICA" [I can be mean and ignorant, too], to which the other friend responded by patting America on the back for the "rape" of another country for gas. I replied that rape isn't a good word to use like that anymore, to which he responded with, "What do you prefer? Surprise sex?"

[insert exasperated sigh here]

I said to use exploit rather than rape, which would've made the original comment less pro-AmericaWars and more... sarcastic? Witty? I don't know. At any rate, he responded "Kinda gay! You must go to Berkeley."

....

I hella pwnd him with a response about his position in the Air Force, BUT THE POINT IS that there are so many ignorant people that aren't even AWARE that they are ignorant. And like I said in that vlog I made yesterday, it's not even their fault. It's SOCIETY and the SYSTEMS that these BIZARRE TRADITIONS have perpetuated. Loaded words, right? But direct and loaded with absolutely tragic truths.

Bunky Echo-Hawk asked the audience tonight what the main problems were in California today. The main issues people brought up were education, the homeless, the Delta and salmon, and the hate [example: the two Sikh men that were shot in Elk Grove recently]. ALL of these problems related directly to the first: education. We need to start from the beginning, from pre-school or kindergarten or maybe even before that! Start education while young minds are so easy to mold. Mold them with purpose and meaning and awareness and empowerment and courage!

If only it were so easy [THANKS, POLITICS, AKA DRAMA. UGH.] to allocate more money to education, instead of prisons, instead of stupid TV shows, instead of talentless singers, instead of corporate scum, instead of war, instead of luxury cars, instead of all these useless and wasteful things [which are cherished and prized in our society, if you'll look again]. If only it were so easy to change the system so that politicians wouldn't spend all their money trying to get back into office rather than working to improve the communities they are supposed to represent. IF ONLY everyone could see the benefit of a quality education [I would live my life in ignorance and FEAR if I didn't know what the hell was going on in my community, IN MY MIND. If I didn't have someone guide me to the phrase "internalized racism," I would've kept HATING my people and MYSELF]. IF ONLY people KNEW how to utilize all these resources around us, within us, reaching out with open eyes--not blind--and finding out HOW TO FEEL about certain issues and, most importantly, WHAT TO DO about them.


I don't even know if I'm on topic anymore, I'm rasiannnnn!!!! Anyway...


TWO.
Are your grandparents or great-grandparents on display at a museum? Bunky Echo-Hawk's great-grandparents are. At the Washington State [university?] museum. WTF. THEY CAN'T EVEN RESPECTFULLY BURY THEM. I love science, but right now, FUCK SCIENCE, THIS IS SOMEONE'S FAMILY THAT YOU'VE RESURRECTED, DEAD AND NAKED FOR THE PUBLIC'S SCRUTINIZING GAZE.


FFFFFFFFFFFFF SO MUCH RAGE THESE PAST TWO DAYS!



In lighter news, sort of, Trina, Megan, and I are gonna collaborate on an art show hopefully next March!!!! Hope hard that we get a spot! We're going to explore what it means to be Asian American women in America, how society and media overwrite cultural meanings and definitions, exoticism, role models, and more. It's gonna be amaaazzzinnggg if we can get a spot. We're hoping to show on campus and off campus. :3 :3 :3 :3 This summer is going to be some crazy art times.

Also in other news, I spent 12 hours on campus today, and then I came home and spent all my time raging on this blog, so like I didn't get anything done and I'm STILL going to be sleep-deprived. At least it's not as bad as... the past four years. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write shit here, I guess.