3.08.2011

Seriously, Media.

(Photo from Victoria's Secret Email Ad: I subscribe to these because 1. I like to know when they have "sales" because their scents are fucking delicious and 2. because their photoshoppers are absolutely ridiculous. In a bad way.)

When did ribs become more of an asset than abs?

I have nothing against naturally skinny people, but this is seriously abnormal. Just like the photoshopping of every other celebrity and model in mainstream media, I don't understand why we can't just leave them be. Yeah, maybe change the hue/saturation and contrast a bit so that the photo as an art piece looks cohesive and pleasant.

But why must we insist on erasing fat, wrinkles, and everything NATURAL about people? Why is there an absence of rebellion in this mainstream marketing firms? Aren't they looking for something DIFFERENT?

Well, we've been warping the appearances of people for about a century if not more now, so I think it's about time we stop doing this faux naturelle shit and get real.


I'm gonna make some real fuckin crude and real drawings/paintings in my art career.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write shit here, I guess.