3.11.2011

Sketchbook and Class Notes ^date


I've mostly been using pen because 1. I don't write with pencils anymore and 2. I've been trying to SEE things and learn about light and shadows and shapes by doing these quicker studies with pen where i can't erase / I have to see where I corrected myself, and so that I don't concentrate on minuscule details that keep me from actually SEEING what I am drawing


Brainstorming for next class assignment, will probably also use it for my Childhood Struggles Storybook Project.


Was reading an article that a coworker referred me to called "Asian Pacific American Women and Feminism (1981)" by Mitsuye Yamada. Haven't finished it yet, but it was talking about the stereotype of the passive, polite Asian woman, and how there are actually a lot of female activists in the Asian community, but that they always have to prove themselves worthy of speaking before even trying to communicate their message.


Was thinking of drawing the marshmallow man panels for the next class assignment, but decided to do my childhood struggles instead. Then I started drawing this guy that's in my class that has like, seriously, a serial killer stare. He plays WoW. I didn't get his face right, but good thing I didn't because then surely the image would've COME ALIVE AND KILLED ME. I swear I'm gonna be schizophrenic when I get older.


Uh I just drew an imaginary still life of a thing I made out of playdo at the Multi-Cultural Center, which legitimately think they should rename it as The League of Social Justice. lol


I didn't know what to draw.


I don't know.


I also don't know. She came out a lot creepier than I had intended. I still can't draw bodies.


Did a copy of contemporary artist Ata Bozaci, aka Toast, for class. I really love the fluidity of his sketches. However, I still don't get how he does it. 


TIME FOR CLASS NOTES



The image of Ash vs. Judge Koffing is pretty much the best thing I've ever drawn. 


YEAH


I don't know what this girl looked like, but she sat behind me and quietly berated another girl for asking a question in class, so I silently berated her through my notes. 



I was thinking of exoticism. 


... And thank goodness for Blogspot automatic draft saving. Stupid internet.


Also, 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Write shit here, I guess.