5.13.2010

One + Progress and Sketches



Well, done as I'm going to be for now. As bullshitty as this painting looks... I actually like it more than the other stuff I've done this semester. I think because it has more meaning behind it. Thanks to two of my smokers for light referencing. Haha It was kind of ironic to be sketching them while they were smoking... for an anti-smoking painting. 

Also, it's based off of some sketches I did, as shown below. 






And here is some more progress on the copy of a master painting assignment. Still not done. I want to finish it and then try to mix the sky into the naked woman and maybe add some goldfish. I want to go for a surreal look. Something for the summer.




The colors turned out a lot brighter than they look in the photo... but I'm not sure if the colors in the photo are damaged from age and light, because they are mostly yellowed in the photo. Anyway.


Here are some other miscellaneous sketches/drawings:




Done as a quick in-class assignment in my COMS class. We were supposed to draw or make a collage of how we dreamed we would be in a year or sometime in the future. After drawing this, I realized how lonely I would be.



This is from not too long ago, but it was a quick sketch of parts of my dream that struck me as peculiar. 

Oh, hello 6am garbage truck. Sigh.



This is also a sketch I did in COMS, except it was during a lecture. I can't help it. I seriously think I am developing ADD or something. I can hardly pay attention when people are talking directly to me anymore. 

Anyway, I like these mini sketches of hand creatures and I hope to do something more with them. 

Overall, looking at the work I've done this past semester... 

1. I really effing love color, specifically... blue? Lot of depth in blue. Must experiment with other colors. 

2. I like vivid images. And I like high contrast.

3. I'm still lazy as hell. Hate the finished details. 

4. I still like digital media better because... every time I make a mistake... I still think "ctrl+z" in my head and it SUCKS that I can't do that in RL. 

5. I'm still attached to outlines. 

6. I'm apparently attached to writing things in my art, too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write shit here, I guess.