4.30.2010

Progress: Repaint a Classic




Worked during and after class. Would've kept going had another class not came in. Sigh. Probably about another... 2 hours? We spent the first hour critiquing our abstracts, which I keep forgetting to take pictures of. Update coming soon. 


Starting to get into the details and fixing things. I do believe I've accidentally made too much space at the top and too little space at the bottom, but there's no going back now unless I want to start all over again and I DON'T HAVE TIME FOR THAT! 


Excited for my beginning painting final project, which is whatever we want as long as we want to portray SOMETHING... which is what I really need to work on the most in my pieces. Stoked, but so nervous because I'm not sure what I want to do. I might try to paint one of my recent drawn concepts, some of which I haven't posted because I'm too lazy to scan things. Things about feeling unsafe wherever I go, or things about how smoking is not only bad for you, but for people around you.




Notes to fellow painters:


1. It is good exercise for the shoulders to carry a wet canvas across campus while trying not to seem like a show off, look crazy, get paint on yourself, and to not get debris all over the canvas. 


2. It is useless to try not to get paint on your clothes unless you've got one of those fully body jumpsuits, but that still classifies as clothes, so you're still screwed either way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write shit here, I guess.