4.24.2010

What do Vegetarians Do When Vegetables Attack Progress



Painted over almost everything. I like this a bit better. Using a reference is much easier, but I'm not going for photo-realistic, so that will be the slightly more difficult part... or maybe not. I'm not sure. We shall see.


For the next project, we're supposed to re-create a painting from the 1800's. I wanted to work on painting nude figures and backgrounds with actual scenery, so I chose Woman Bathing by Francois Lemoyne, which should be here, but the website is going super slow right now, not sure why. It's also a better quality picture than a bunch of others, therefore easier for me to re-create.


But what I'm excited to work on during the summer is a spoof that may or may not have already been done on Jean Francois de Troy's The Ascension, as seen here. When I first saw it, the colors and figure positions just shouted Superman at me... so... what's up sacrilege? I'm gonna replace Jesus with Superman. That's what's up.


AND, currently my favorite song is Tommy Mac's Another Day. It's a very upbeat chiptune song that always makes me want to bob my head and sway haha I would link it, but I'm not sure what the link is for it. Found it on thesixtyone. WIN!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write shit here, I guess.