6.07.2010

The Light Shape Project



It all started when I was waiting in my car for a friend who was running late. Twas in the evening and I was listening to music in my car. Got bored, started taking photos with my camera phone of the glowing light emanating from my car radio. 

HENCE 31 images [I will refer to them as Light Shape images] similar to the one below [I just moved the camera around whilst taking the photo] that I will use to inspire new drawings/paintings. 



This is #1. I rotated it [although this time I forgot to flip it as well] in order to see it from different viewpoints. Got about 33 small thumbnails of different ways to see this image. The main reason for this project is that I'm bossy and I always want people to see the world like I do. lol But really, I see images, characters, faces, all sorts of things in... everything. Carpets, shadows, textures, food, abstractions, etc. Shit, and I don't even do drugs. 



Thumbnails



More thumbnails, plus some larger versions of some concepts I got from the Light Shape image. 



Ultimately, I decided to do an ambiguous painting of some adorable excited beavers with one left out. I was thinking of putting him on the other side so that you could see his expression, but I want to leave his feelings up to the viewer. Maybe he's pretentious, maybe he's really sad that he's not part of that crowd, maybe he's plotting murder. I don't know. Do you?

At any rate, this painting will be one of many projects I have over the summer. BUT FIRST, I have to paint a friend's shoes with an Irish theme. Thinking it's gonna be a lot of shamrocks/clovers with harp coins on fallen tree trunks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write shit here, I guess.