6.08.2010

Today's Class Society

I don't know if I brag a lot about my art because... iono, there's not much to brag about, but I have to sound confident or else no one will have confidence in my art... if that makes any sense. And I don't consider having a website dedicated to my own art bragging... it's marketing. lol Which, I suppose in some sense, is a form of bragging. But I have to put myself out there somehow or die, right?



Two girls sitting in front of me. I hate those chairs. They are stupid designs and not much of an improvement from the regular stool.


Our assignment was to draw 21 thumbnails [3"x3" or so] consisting of a mixture of abstract, figure, and landscape with the seven principles of design [harmony, balance, variety, etc.]. 

Then we had to choose one to develop into a 9"x12" image consisting of all the principles of design. 

My image got cut off slightly [there's more to that IV bag at the top left, although not much to care for] in the scan, but I'm pretty satisfied with it for the time I spent on it [about 1.5 hours]. The idea has been floating around in my head for a few days. My friend works with a bunch of nurses that always seem to be doing things wrong or not caring to do things right, and we were talking about nursing homes a while back... and how old people always go to nursing homes to die. Because you've pretty much given up at that point. No one cares about you, or at least they don't have the time or money to do so. It's America. It's fast-paced, impersonal, and selfish. What can you expect? Anyway, that's that.


And then the second part of the assignment was to take a 4.5"x6" piece of the previous image and blow it up into a 9"x12" image. Personally, I thought this was pointless, but whatever. It's supposed to widen your capacity for creativity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write shit here, I guess.